Monday, March 16, 2009

Better Late than Never......

Well, this is good ol' Brattleboro, Vermont. This picture was taken at least five years ago when Mikey and I first moved into downtown. I remember when I first moved here I was excited to finally be closer to town, thinking it would be so much more convenient for shopping and doing laundry and getting to school and work. Really, however, it was a lame decision all in the name of saving money to spend on H instead of rent. We had been living in a house about 30 mins north of Bratt., we rented it from a couple who lived in Bulgaria. When they decided they were moving back earlier than expected, we moved here because a friend of ours was moving out and it was simple. What was initially supposed to be a temporary move turned into years of being holed up in this teensy, tiny one bedroom, drafty apartment. In the end, I couldn't look at even the outside of the building without associating it with H. Something about the way it smelled in the hallway reminded me of copping and I'm so glad we are not living there any more.
I've been hoping to post pics since I started this blog. It's just that after we left this apartment and moved into the apartment from Hell I haven't been able to find anything. Most of that is because I have not been able to bring myself to put our stuff away. I'm glad actually that I did not put a ton of effort into the place we are in now, mostly because we are finally leaving and also because I hate these people and I don't want them to benefit from another speck of my effort (I know that is petty and childish and I don't care!).
Anyhow, in packing up to move yet again, I found this lone disc of pictures from many years back. Not so many years that they are no longer relevant. Everything still looks pretty much the same as it did when these pics were taken. It's not like I'm twenty-five in these pics and fifty in real life. Mike and I still look the same except our dreads are longer and we gained some weight from getting off H. As soon as I find my camera and charge it and what not I'll take some recent pics for the sake of comparison. Plus, I really want to post some pics of the freaks who fraudulently rented us the place we are leaving. They are a trip, as is their house. Stay tuned.

No comments:

VV is the shit

VV is the shit
We all have to love VV