Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Rainy Day Wednesday

Rain, rain, most people would say go away, but not me. I like the rain. I may feel differently if it were to rain all day, every day. I lived in Portland, Oregon one fall, and I must say that I did get a bit tired of the rain there. But in general, I like that the whole world around me seems darker all day long. I like the slower pace of a rain day, cops don't want to get out of their cruisers so less people are pulled over, stores aren't as crowded because people stay in.

Ever since I read 'Another Roadside Attraction' by Tom Robbins, I make an effort to walk from my car to the house or store or whatever. By running you don't really get any less wet, all you do is stress yourself out and hunch yourself up. There's nothing wrong with getting a little wet anyway.

I had to do a lot of driving today in the rain. I don't mind that either. It's a little annoying being around other cars and the shit they spray up on the windshield, but it can be kind of pretty and relaxing, just watching the drops slide down the glass and get swooshed away. I had to drive my Mom to the doc for cortisone injections for pain in her neck or something. She can't drive herself home after the procedure because she's in pain and tired. So we did that today, and now I'm doing the dinner thing. I just put my dough for a blueberry pie in the fridge to chill. And we're having stuffed peppers and collard greens. Collards are really good if you tear them into smaller pieces of leaf and then saute them in a wok with olive oil and salt. They come out tender and juicy, and they're SO good for you.

Anyway, I better get cracking. I just wanted to check in today in case this is the only moment I could get my hands on my computer. Between Mikey and brother, it can be hard. Good Evening!

No comments:

VV is the shit

VV is the shit
We all have to love VV