Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I'm pretty sure Reggie's(the cat) not coming back. I really hate just not knowing what happened to him. He's been an indoor cat for his whole life but when we moved to this new place him and the other cat just sort of decided that they weren't staying in anymore. We have always lived in town since we got the cats and they never tried to get out. But with the only exit opening up right into a field it's impossible to keep them in. I would literally have to lock them in a cage. I open the door and they bolt through my legs; and try, just try to catch a cat outside who doesn't want to be caught. If I succeed in not letting them out, they climb up the blinds and the curtains and screens. They even knocked down the coat hook thingy one night. They never did stuff like this before. My reasoning in letting him out was that it's better to live a short, happy life rather than a long, miserable one. The other cat, Sugar, still wants to go out, I figure it's his decision.
I'm sad Reggie's gone but he wasn't that young either. We adopted him when he was six from the Humane Society and we've had him for over five years, so he was at least ten I hope. Death just sucks for the people who are left standing. Logically, and maybe instinctually too, I know death is not a bad thing. It just always leaves me with a sick feeling that I didn't give enough love to the one who is gone now.

Anyway. There's not much I can do to change what has already happened.

2 comments:

Sarcastic Bastard said...

I'm so very sorry, Nellie.

Love to you,

SB

NH said...

Thanks, SB. I always appreciate that you're out there and still stopping by.

VV is the shit

VV is the shit
We all have to love VV