Thursday, January 8, 2009

Just Clarification

I just realized that I wrote something in my sidebar that makes it seem like addicts cannot be productive members of society while actively using. I just want to make it clear that I don't think that is true. There are many, many people who maintain habits and a life at the same time. Many of these people enrich our society and and my favorite argument of all is that some of us just need opiates; why are they here if not for a reason, if not for us to use to our benefit. Maybe poppies were created to comfort those of use who are less than expert at comforting ourselves.

2 comments:

Gledwood said...

if addicts couldn't be productive members of society then no-one who smokes cigarettes could qualify for any position of responsibility..!

My Daughter's Addiction said...

Hi Nellie- The more blogs I read the more I think that is true. With my daughters heroin addiction though, all I experienced is what most think about heroin addiction ...the pain, anxiety, agitated, nervous, dangerous, and lying side. What makes one person a functioning, using addict and another who doesn't make rational decisions [like getting in a car and driving just after using heroin]? A difference in age maybe?

Gledwood [above] he has the cutest little babies!

VV is the shit

VV is the shit
We all have to love VV