Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween

Just a quick Good Morning Halloween post. I didn't make it too far with my pumpkin carving last night. Actually, I only carved one small one and set aside the seeds in a bowl with water for now. I'm going to roast them later when I'm done with all of them. As long as I finish before dark I'll be happy. I'm not really a big drinker, I never have been. I never even got drunk until I was, like, twenty-two. Isn't that weird? I turn out to be, like, a huge heroin addict but hate drinking. So I wasn't good for much after a few glasses of champagne. I pretty much passed out after we ate. Alcohol, rich food and even richer dessert makes for some heavy sleeping. Until about two in the morning when you spring up with your throat dry and your head beginning to ache, having to pee. I drank about a liter of seltzer water and went back to sleep. I feel pretty good today.
It's beautiful out. Balmy and gray and really windy. It's what I think England would be like in some parts. I've only seen London so I wouldn't really know, firsthand, what the countryside looks like on a gray, balmy afternoon.
Anyhow, about to cook a late breakfast with the leftover ham. The dinner was so good, but the pie was horrible. It was the first pecan pie I've ever made so I suppose it's not surprising it sucks. Mike likes it but I don't know how. It's so over-baked and chewy and crunchy all at the same awful time. Next time I won't cook it for so long and I'm not so sure about using all dark corn syrup, maybe it should be half light corn syrup - or maybe I just cooked it to the point of looking like mud. I'll have to ask my Mom. She makes great food. That's a big part of why I'm so food obsessed. We had a delicious, home-made meal every night for dinner and usually breakfast too. And my Mom made our lunch everyday, every year all through school. And then when I went to boarding school we had, like, a gourmet, all-you-can-eat cafeteria. So I've been lucky to have been raised on great food. So it really sucks that I'm not the best cook at all. But at least I try.
Well, I better get started if we are going to eat early enough to still consider it brunch. And if I want to have a prayer of getting my pumpkins carved before dark.


Happy Halloween!!




4 comments:

Jeannie said...

It's really windy here too.

We don't even get dark corn syrup here so I would use the light stuff. My Mom makes great Pecan pie. I never have tried. Did butter tarts once I think which is much the same thing.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

I'm too lazy to cook.

NH said...

Yeah. I think the light syrup would be better too. I'm between too lazy and too picky. I'm like, I feel too lazy to cook, but if I don't I may as well just drink corn syrup and eat white flour mixed with lard and that's about what they serve around here at every restaruant. So I'm forced to cook if I want to eat anything resembling real food.

Custom Sheds Trenton said...

Thankks for this

VV is the shit

VV is the shit
We all have to love VV